Albuquerque Westside Business Association
Find Your Next Opportunity
Find your next opportunity here. Search Jobs on the Westside and across Albuquerque.
Position: Chiropractic Office Coordinator
Contact: Emma Dahl
The Chiropractic Office Coordinator performs the administrative duties of the facility and is responsible for moving the patients through the initial patient intake, check-in and check-out process. Ensure that all procedures are closely followed so that the therapeutic team can concentrate on well-being of patients. The Chiropractic Office Coordinator must feel comfortable with human interaction and touch when required to prepare patients for treatment. The position is part-time to full-time. Candidates for this position must have previous medical or chiropractic office experience.
Specific Job Duties:
• Greet patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Manage activities, persons, and patients in front lobby and front desk, prioritizing people and tasks needing to be addressed without disturbing other patients in treatment.
• Ensure new patient intake paperwork is complete, assist patient if necessary.
• Prepares new patient files, enters all new patient information into Medical Software (Kareo), enters patient therapy encounter (patient information and billing codes) in Kareo; maintains records for each patient.
• Assist Doctor with new patient encounters, taking subjective condition and health history notes
• Organize Patient Charts for the present day’s treatment schedule.
• Answers phone calls and take necessary messages
• Collects co-pay after patient arrives, perform insurance verifications, inquire on previous balance (See EOB), and maintains insurance spread sheet.
• Escorts chiropractic patients to chiropractic physician’s treatment room after room is prepared.
• Informs massage therapists their patients have checked-in and ready for treatment.
• Prepares patient treatment note for physician after patient check-in.
• Prepare Treatment Rooms for use between patient occupation.
• Ensures chiropractic physician remains on time with patients.
• After therapies are concluded, schedule next office visit
• Begin patient encounter, enter billing codes for patient encounter.
• Arranges appointments, referrals, and authorizations for patients daily.
• Reminder calls to new patients within 24 to 48 hours for their scheduled appointment daily
• Maintain order, file charts, and prepare charts for next day.
• Maintain laundry for clinic (sheets, towels, pillowcases) for therapeutic team
Verbal and Written Communication, Create a Safe and Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork.
• Must have previous experience working in a medical or chiropractic office
• Ability to comprehend established office routines and policies
• Good organizational skills and multi-tasked abilities
• Computer skills, particularly skillful use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to learn quickly from oral and written instructions
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Adhere to the signed Confidentiality Agreement.
• Able to work under time commitment and under pressure.
• Must be dependable, reliable, never late for scheduled work times.
• Display initiative to improve office processes in coordination with staff and owners.
• Self-starter to accomplish tasks before deadlines.
• Ability to communicate well with people in personal contacts and on the phone.
• Can effectively act as a liaison between patients and physician.
• Ability to communicate and get along with team members.
• Must have a neat, professional, and friendly appearance
• Maintain friendly and outgoing personality.
• Provide patients with excellent care.
• Ensure all supplies in chiropractic treatment room are ready for use.
• Prepare list of items needed for therapeutics within clinic.
• Prepare all equipment for use, and clean and prepare for next use.
• Remove refuse/trash from treatment room several times per day.
• Collect all clinic trash, remove from building daily when necessary.
• Clean staff and patient restroom end of each business day.
• Other duties as determined by needs of the chiropractic physician and business manager.
Reports to Business Manager and Chiropractic Physician
Apply in Person
- Performing basic math calculations such as adding up bills or calculating the change due on a purchase
- Handling cash transactions accurately and efficiently at a cash register or POS system
- Processing credit card payments by entering transactions into a computer system or swiping cards through a point of sale (POS) terminal
- Handling customer questions regarding menu items, specials, or prices
- Accepting payment from customers in cash or by credit card
Apply in person at 640 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87121
© Copyright 2022 Albuquerque Westside Business Association
501c6 Nonprofit Organization | Est. 2020